Experience the feeling of having a central system you can blindly trust.
Bills. Errands. Holidays. Gifts. Appointments. Follow-ups. Birthdays. Reimbursements. Coffee machine descaling.
There are hundreds of tasks to think about on a weekly basis - whether they're adhoc, recurring, essential, trivial, work, family
A centralised system like the Notion Minimalist Task Manager helps you keep track of it all.
🧘♀️ It's THE antidote to the Zeigarnik Effect
The Zeigarnik Effect refers to our psychological tendency to remember incomplete or interrupted tasks more easily than completed ones.
These tasks dominate our attention and siphon away our mental resources. (Does "ugh I really can't forget to..." right before falling asleep sound familiar?)
The good news is - there's a way to counteract this effect:
To feel mental relief, you don't have to complete the task. You simply need to make A PLAN.
That's where the Minimalist Task Manager comes in.
By having a system where you can quickly write down the task and assign a date, you are telling your brain: "All good, I have a plan. You can forget about this now and focus on what you were doing."
There are 2 critical factors for this to work:
- Your brain needs to trust your system is reliable and up-to-date
- The system needs to be low friction: easy to access, use and update
🥇 An all-in-one place for all your tasks
No more juggling multiple apps, emails, trackers, notebooks, text messages & post-its.
This will be the only system you need for daily todo's, reminders and admin tasks.
The Minimalist Task Manager is inspired by Getting Things Done, a popular productivity system.
The core idea is to dump all your mental clutter in an external system and organise it regularly.
Once you've added a task or reminder to the database, all you need to do is assign a due date. Then, the task will disappear into the database and resurface on the date you selected.
That's it. You don't need to worry or think about it anymore until it's ready to be completed.
From now on, you'll always focus on the right things at the right time.
📲 A digital yet non-technical solution
Notion is an incredible tool with many features, but it's easy to get overwhelmed.
Plus, most templates you'll find online are too advanced and difficult for daily use.
The Minimalist Task Manager is extremely simple:
- 1 database
- A handful of pages
- No more than 2-3 clicks removed from the information you need
This is for you if:
- You are new to Notion, and you don't have time or energy to go through lengthy tutorials and courses
- You want to track your tasks digitally, with desktop and mobile access, but don't want multiple apps and tools
- You're looking for an easy solution that requires no set-up or technical understanding
⏱ Needs no more than 5 minutes per day
This is the most minimalist Task Template you'll find, with 1 single purpose:
Get tasks scheduled quickly so you can forget about them until you need to do them.
You think of a task, and with just 1-2 clicks, you add it to your tracker. All you need to fill out is a description (can be just 1 word) and a date. That's it.
You'll get the most out of the tracker if you take a few minutes in the morning and throughout the day to review your tasks, schedule and reschedule as needed, and tick off completed tasks once done.
Since you have access to the Task Manager on your computer and on your phone, you can do this wherever you are.
Ready to get on top of all your tasks?
Let's do it.
You'll receive a link to a Notion template, where you'll find:
- 1 x Notion database with linked pages
- Inbox -> input all new tasks/to-do's/reminders
- Today -> all tasks with a due date of today or before today
- Tomorrow -> all tasks with a due date of tomorrow or before tomorrow
- 7 Days -> all tasks with a due date between today and the next 7 days
- All Tasks -> history off all tasks ever inserted and completed
- Only a handful of pages with the express purpose of simplicity and low friction
How does it work?
Step 1: Create a Notion profile
Step 2: Duplicate the template. You do this by opening the template link, and then clicking "Duplicate" on the top right corner to duplicate it to your workspace.
Step 3: Watch this tutorial.
- Is this free? Yes! Just input a 0 and click on "I want this!". Of course, if you find it valuable and you're determined to make a small donation, who am I to stop you? You can just input the amount you think it was worth. 💛
- Can I make changes to the template? Of course! This is just a base to get you started. Once you've duplicated the template, you can either use it as is or add pages/columns however you please.
- Can I share this template with others? The template is free, so technically yes, you can share it with others. I'd love it, though if you shared the Gumroad link instead of the Notion link so I can keep track of how many people have downloaded the template.
- Any other questions? Send me a message on Twitter @CharGrysolle
A link to a Notion template, ready for immediate use.
- A link to a Notion template, ready for immediate use.